ITIL® V3 Service Operation
- TSO (The Stationery Office)
The ITIL Service Operation stage of the ITIL framework highlights best-practice for delivering IT to meet agreed service levels for both business users and customers. ITIL Service Operation also includes the day-to-day management of technology needed to deliver and support services.
The efficient delivery of agreed services is essential to maintain business satisfaction and confidence in IT. It reduces the risk of service outages, and ensures that authorized levels of access are consistently available.
The guidance included in this publication describes the processes, technology, and activities required to deliver services, and also the people who control how practices are applied. It is relevant for any professional involved in the management of services, but particularly IT managers and practitioners, IT operations and support, service desk management and staff, technical management staff and application management personnel.
Controls service outages and reduces their impact
Maximizes value of services for the business
Monitors performance and benefits, providing data for continual improvement and investment planning
Protects IT security by upholding authorized access levels
Automates operations, increasing efficiency and competitive advantage
Anyone considering ITIL professional accreditation should note that this is the only source from which the ITIL exam questions are taken.
ITIL Service Operation is part of the most widely recognized framework for IT service management in the world, used by thousands of organizations - small and large - from both public and private sectors.
Other publications within the ITIL lifecycle suite include: ITIL Service Strategy, ITIL Service Design, ITIL Service Transition and ITIL Continual Service Improvement.
|Format||Published||23 Apr 2013|
Find similar publications here:
- AXELOS Global Best Practice
- AXELOS Global Best Practice > MSP Programme Management
- AXELOS Global Best Practice > PRINCE2 Project Management
- AXELOS Global Best Practice > ITIL
- AXELOS Global Best Practice > MOR Risk Management
- AXELOS Global Best Practice > P3O Portfolio, Programme and Project O
- AXELOS Global Best Practice > MOP Portfolio Management
- AXELOS Global Best Practice > MOV - Value Management
- ITIL 2007 Edition
- AXELOS Global Best Practice > AXELOS Promotions
- AXELOS Global Best Practice > Translations
- IT Service Management - ITIL
- PRINCE2 Project Management
- MOR Risk Management
- MSP Programme Management
- P3O Portfolio, Programme and Project O
- AXELOS Global Best Practice > RESILIA
- AXELOS Global Best Practice > PRINCE2 Agile
- AXELOS Global Best Practice > Subscription Packs
- AXELOS Global Best Practice > AXELOS Membership
- PRINCE2 Agile