Management of Portfolios (MoP®)
- TSO (The Stationery Office)
Management of Portfolios (MoP®) is part of the Global Best Practice suite of publications, which helps organizations and individuals manage their projects, programmes and services consistently and effectively.
At the heart of any portfolio management approach is the need to identify the right programmes and projects to deliver an organization's strategy, and ensure that targeted benefits are achieved. MoP describes the principles and best-practices that will enable public and private sector organizations of all sizes to either introduce or re-energize portfolio management approaches.
All professionals with an interest in, or responsibility for, organizational strategy and delivering programmes and projects, will benefit from this comprehensive reference manual.
Organizations applying this guidance can expect to see real benefits in the short term.
Describes portfolio management and how best to apply the approach
Shows how to get started and how to sustain progress
Demonstrates how to adapt the principles and practices through real-life examples
Leads to the efficient use of resources, better management of risk, and a greater return on investment
Helps improve efficiency and effectiveness even where portfolio management practices are well established
This publication is the manual from which the syllabus and the examinations are set and supports the MoP qualification.
Did you know that the Practitioner exam for this certification is open-book?
Effective from 13 April until 31 Dec 2021*, the use of printed out versions of Official AXELOS PDFs, and the use of PDFs or official eBooks on a second e-device (portable digital devices such as smartphones, tablets or laptops), is permitted when sitting an open-book exam that is proctored by PeopleCert:
Read the important details (opens in new window)
*these changes will be reviewed accordingly at the end of December, taking into consideration the situation at that time.
Looking to follow an AXELOS ProPath certification route?
|Format||Published||28 Feb 2011|
Find similar publications here:
- AXELOS Global Best Practice
- AXELOS Global Best Practice > MSP Programme Management
- AXELOS Global Best Practice > PRINCE2 Project Management
- AXELOS Global Best Practice > ITIL
- AXELOS Global Best Practice > MOR Risk Management
- AXELOS Global Best Practice > P3O Portfolio, Programme and Project O
- AXELOS Global Best Practice > MOP Portfolio Management
- AXELOS Global Best Practice > MOV - Value Management
- ITIL 2007 Edition
- AXELOS Global Best Practice > AXELOS Promotions
- AXELOS Global Best Practice > Translations
- IT Service Management - ITIL
- PRINCE2 Project Management
- MOR Risk Management
- MSP Programme Management
- P3O Portfolio, Programme and Project O
- AXELOS Global Best Practice > RESILIA
- AXELOS Global Best Practice > PRINCE2 Agile
- AXELOS Global Best Practice > Subscription Packs
- AXELOS Global Best Practice > AXELOS Membership
- PRINCE2 Agile