British Pharmacopoeia 2017
- Latest Titles
- Featured Titles
Author:The British Pharmacopoeia Commission Secretariat of the
Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
Publisher: TSO (The Stationery Office)
The British Pharmacopoeia (BP) 2017 supersedes the BP 2016 and becomes legally effective on 1 January 2017.
This edition incorporates new BP and European Pharmacopoeia monographs and a significant number of revised monographs. Also included is new information for unlicensed medicines and DNA barcoding.
Updated annually, the BP is the only comprehensive collection of authoritative official standards for UK pharmaceutical substances and medicinal products.
The BP 2017 includes almost 4,000 monographs which are legally enforced by the Human Medicines Regulations 2012. Where a pharmacopoeial monograph exists, medicinal products sold or supplied in the UK must comply with the relevant monograph. All monographs and requirements of the European Pharmacopoeia are also reproduced in the BP.
New for 2017
- 29 new BP monographs
- 234 amended monographs
- Four new formulated preparation monographs for biological medicines
- Two new monographs for unlicensed formulations
- A new Supplementary Chapter on DNA barcoding
- A new Supplementary Chapter on the Asceptic Preparation of Unlicensed Medicines
- All European Pharmacopoeia monographs integrated (8th Edition as amended by Supplements 8.1 to 8.8)
- Three in-year website and offline download updates to harmonise with the European Pharmacopoeia 9th Edition (9.0) and Supplements 9.1 and 9.2
- A six-volume printed edition, including the BP (Veterinary) 2017
- A single-user online licence*
- A single-user download for offline use*
*These single-user licences are granted solely to the designated holder of the product within an organisation. Multi-user licences are available.
Single named user online access to the BP online is available from the BP website, either as a standalone option or together with BAN 2017 and the BP online archive.
Cost-effective multi-user licences that are tailored to an organisation's needs are available if online access for more than one user is required.
These licences give simultaneous access via IP recognition to the full text of the 2017 across workstations, laptops and other portable devices.
Specially discounted rates are offered to academic institutions.
For more information on these licences, call or email our dedicated
+44 (0)1603 696976