- Latest Titles
- Featured Titles
Regenerative medicine signals a new era of innovative treatments and cures for illness and disease that were previously unthought-of, or believed impossible. The international market for regenerative medicines will therefore rely on the transformation
of research into commercially viable clinical products.
In order to support UK stakeholders by providing best practice guidance, codes and formal Standards in this field, BSI has been working closely with the UK research base, academia, regulatory bodies and other relevant organisations, to better understand and enable the regenerative medicine industry.
BSI has established a new standards committee in regenerative medicine, RGM/1. The terms of reference for the committee are:
- To mirror the work of ISO/TC 150/SC7 "Tissue-engineered medical products".
- To formulate a UK strategy for standardization in regenerative medicine through a broad consultation with relevant stakeholders.
- To ensure the UK view is given due consideration within the European Union, CEN, ISO and IEC.
- To develop and support formal standards and other standardization documents in the area of regenerative medicine and to promote their use by industry and other potential users.
- To ensure due consideration of the need for standards and standardization is given by UK regenerative networks and organisations, and to coordinate activities and actions in this area.