Pre-appointment Hearing with the Government's Preferred Candidate for Chairman of the S4C Authority
HC 1061-I, First Joint Report of Session 2010-12 - Volume I: Report, Together with Formal Minutes
- House of Commons - Culture, Media and Sport and Welsh Affairs Committees
- TSO (The Stationery Office)
'Pre-appointment Hearing with the Government's Preferred Candidate for Chairman of the S4C Authority (HC 1061-I)' reports the Welsh Affairs and Culture, Media and Sport Committee's approval of the appointment of Huw Jones as Chairman of S4C, the Welsh language national broadcaster.
The two committees held a joint pre-appointment hearing with Huw Jones, the Government's preferred candidate for Chairman of the S4C Authority. This followed earlier reports from both committees expressing concern for the future independence of S4C after new governance and funding arrangements with the BBC were introduced.
The Committees are satisfied that Huw Jones has demonstrated the high degree of professional competence and personal independence required for the post. They recommend that the Minister proceed with the appointment.
|Format||Paperback||Published||26 May 2011|
|Availability||Colour copy: 3 - 5 days||Delivery||Delivery options and charges|
Find similar publications here:
- Business & Economics > Markets & Industry > Information, Media & Communication
- Legislation - UK, England & Wales > House of Commons Papers
- Parliamentary > Select Committees
- Legislation - UK, England & Wales > Commons Select Committees
- Legislation - UK, England & Wales > Commons Select Committees > Culture, Media & Sport Committee
- Legislation - UK, England & Wales > Commons Select Committees > Welsh Affairs Committee