Export Controls Committee
Strategic Export Controls: 2007 Review
HC 117, First Joint Report of Session 2006-07 – Report, Together with Formal Minutes, Oral and Written Evidence
- House of Commons – Defence, Foreign Affairs, International Development and Trade and Industry Committees
- TSO (The Stationery Office)
In June 2007 the Government published a consultation document 'Export Control Act 2002: 2007 Review of Export Control Legislation'. This report, 'Strategic Export Controls: 2007 Review (HC 117)', contains the Quadripartite Committee's own review of export control legislation, along with its response to the Government's consultation document.
The Committee concludes that the Export Control Act 2002 (ISBN 0105428027, available below) has provided a sound legislative basis for controlling and regulating the UK's strategic exports but that there are gaps and shortcomings. It also welcomes the Government's review as a constructive process that addresses many of the issues the Committee and other parties have raised over several years and praises the improvement in the volume and quantity of information that the Government provides.
However the review does not mention HM Revenue and Customs, the department that enforces the controls, and it ignores the European Union (EU) dimension despite a significant part of the export control regime being derived from EU legislation. The Committee makes nearly 100 recommendations and observations on the review and on the operation and effectiveness of the UK export control legislation.
|Format||Paperback||Published||07 Aug 2007|
|Availability||Colour copy: 3 - 5 days||Delivery||Delivery options and charges|
Find similar publications here:
- Business and Management > HM Revenue & Customs
- Society > Legislation - UK, England & Wales > House of Commons Papers
- Society > Parliamentary > Select Committees
- Society > Legislation - UK, England & Wales > Commons Select Committees
- Legislation - UK, England & Wales > Commons Select Committees > Defence Committee
- Legislation - UK, England & Wales > Commons Select Committees > International Development Committee
- Legislation - UK, England & Wales > Commons Select Committees > Trade & Industry Committee
- Legislation - UK, England & Wales > Commons Select Committees > Export Controls Committee
- Legislation - UK, England & Wales > Commons Select Committees > Foreign Affairs Committee