CD and DVD Software Products
System Requirements for PC and Mac
- PC - Microsoft® Windows® 8 or higher
- Mac - OS X v10.6, or higher
- 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor
CPU type and speed:
- PC - 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor
- Mac - Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor
- 850Mb minimum
- 512MB (1GB recommended)
- 1024 x 768 or higher
- 4x or faster
Please note. Windows 8 will not play DVDs. To play the DVDs with Windows 8, you will need to download additional media player software.
Frequently Asked Questions
My DVD says Adobe Air is damaged
Before you can run your disc the current version of Adobe Air must be installed on your PC or Mac (included on The Official DVSA Car Theory Test DVD-ROM).
Install Adobe Air from the DVD-ROM:
- PC - If you have an earlier version of Adobe AIR than that included on the disc, you will need to run the DVSA Car Theory Test Program. Select the 'Start' menu, then ‘Programs’. Select DVSA Car Theory Test from the Programs menu. A message will inform you to update your version. Click ‘Update’ to proceed.
- Mac - If you do not have Adobe AIR installed, or if the version you have is an earlier version than that included on this disc, you may see a warning message. Click OK to the message, then open the Resources folder on your disc drive, double-click on the Adobe AIR Installer and follow the on-screen instructions. Once complete, click Finish and you’ll be able to run your DVD-ROM from the disc.
My DVD skips or just doesn't run.
The Hazard perception is a DVD and will work in a computer, as long as the computer has a DVD-Rom. It is a interactive DVD and will not run through Windows Media Player properly like a standard DVD. To resolve this problem you will need to purchase Interactive DVD player software. WinDVD or CyberLink PowerDVD are the market leaders but there is also a free open source version called VLC Media Player.