Life in the United Kingdom
A Guide For New Residents
Author: Great Britain Home Office
Publisher: TSO (The Stationery Office)
Ensure you are fully prepared for your Life in the UK test with
the only official handbook on which the Life in the UK test is based. This
essential handbook contains all the official learning material for the test and
is written in clear, simple language – making it easy to understand.
Book Add to Basket
On 31 January 2020 the United Kingdom left the European Union (EU).
Sections of the handbook, Life in the United Kingdom: A Guide for New Residents 3rd edition, which refer to the UK being a member of the EU and its institutions, are out of date and have been removed from subsequent prints of the handbook.
You will not be asked any questions on the EU or the UK’s relationship with the EU as part of the Home Office approved test based on the current (3rd) edition of the Life in the UK handbook.
This essential handbook covers the range of topics you need to know to pass your test and apply for UK citizenship or permanent residency, including:
- The process of becoming a citizen or permanent resident
- The values and principles of the UK
- Traditions and culture from around the UK
- The events and people that have shaped the UK's history
- The government and the law
- Getting involved in your community
To help you prepare for your test, you will find:
- 'Check that you understand' boxes at the end of every section
- A glossary of key words and phrases
|Format||Paperback||Published||28 Jan 2013|
|Availability||In Stock: 1 - 2 days||Delivery||Delivery options and charges|