British Pharmacopoeia 2018
- Latest Titles
- Featured Titles
Author:The British Pharmacopoeia Commission Secretariat of the
Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
Publisher: TSO (The Stationery Office)
New, legally enforced standards, effective from 1 January 2018. All Europoean Pharmacopoeial texts included.
Updated annually, the BP is the only comprehensive collection of authoritative official standards for UK pharmaceutical substances and medicinal products.
It includes approximately 4,000 monographs which are legally enforced by the Human Medicines Regulations 2012. Where a monograph exists, medicinal products sold or supplied in the UK must comply with the relevant monograph.
All monographs and requirements of the European Pharmacopoeia (Ph. Eur.) are reproduced in the BP, making it a comprehensive, value-for-money collection of UK and European standards.
The standard package includes a printed edition, an online licence and a download for offline use; but other formats and bundles are available.
Add the BP Archive option to your standard package and receive online access to all the BP editions from 2014 to date.
New for 2018
The British Pharmacopoeia (BP) 2018 supersedes the BP 2017 and becomes legally effective on 1 January 2018. This edition incorporates new BP and European Pharmacopoeia monographs and a significant number of revised monographs.
- 41 new BP monographs, 39 new Ph. Eur. monographs
- 191 amended BP monographs
- Four new monographs for unlicensed formulations
- Four new monographs for herbal medicines
- A new Supplementary Chapter on Raw Materials of Biological Origin for the Production of Cell-based and Gene Therapy Medicinal Products
- All European Pharmacopoeia monographs integrated (9th Edition as amended by Supplements 9.1 to 9.2)
- Three in-year website and offline download updates to harmonise with the European Pharmacopoeia Supplements 9.3, 9.4 and 9.5
Key customer groups
The BP is a must have for suppliers and sellers of medicinal products in the UK. In order for corporate pharmaceutical organisations to develop highquality medicinal products in compliance with regulations, the BP 2018 features a variety of important updates to key monographs that provide users with the most up-to-date information, helping to mitigate against any issues later on. Key corporate customers include: Pharmaceutical researchers and manufacturers, chemists, biotechnologists, quality assurance and quality controls inspectors, laboratory technicians and regulatory bodies. Flexible options for single and multiple users are available.
Specialist researchers and lecturers in the field of pharmacy, biological science, biochemistry and pharmaceutical science can use the BP for research into medicinal products using the most up-to-date monographs. Flexible options and discounts are available for academic customers.Show less
- A six-volume printed edition, including the BP (Veterinary) 2018
- A single-user online licence*
- A single-user download for offline use*
*These single-user licences are granted solely to the designated holder of the product within an organisation. Multi-user licences are available.