- Latest Titles
- Featured Titles
Highways England is an Executive Agency of the Department for Transport.
- manages, maintains and improves the network of trunk roads and motorways in England on behalf of the Secretary of State; and
- works closely with other transport operators and local authorities to integrate the trunk road network with the rest of England's roads and other forms of transport.
Highways England provides technical information for contractors producing the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) and the Manual of Contract Documents for Highways Works (MCHW).
Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB)
The Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) provides a comprehensive manual system which accommodates all current standards, advice notes and other documents relating to the design, assessment and operation of trunk roads and motorways.
Manual of Contracts Documents for Highway Works (MCHW)
MCHW consists of several parts which include the administrative
procedures for its use, the Specification for Highways Works and its
corresponding Method Measurement. It incorporates the requirements of the
European Commission which are mandatory for all Public Procurement
0. Part 2 Manual of contract documents for highway works: volume contents pages
and volume index||9780115539039||£19.99|
2 Implementing standards. Part Implementation of Specification for Highway
Works andNotes for Guidance Amendment 2||9780115539022||£17.99|
for highway works (amendment March 2020)||9780115538131||£144.99|
for guidance of the specification for highway works (amendment March
This CD-ROM contains:
- the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) Volumes 1-15
- the Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works (MCHW) Volumes 1-6
- the Trunk Road Maintenance Manual (TRMM) Volumes 1-3
- the Routine Maintenance Manual (RMSS)
This is also available by annual standing order, updated by Highways England and is published in tandem with updates to the printed editions.