Climate Resilient Infrastructure: Preparing for a Changing Climate
- Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- TSO (The Stationery Office)
'Climate Resilient Infrastructure: Preparing for a Changing Climate (Cm. 8065)' is designed to promote action to adapt infrastructure in the energy, information and communication technologies (ICT), transport and water sectors.
This report makes the case for action, identifies who needs to acts, the challenges and the opportunities available.
The aim is to create an infrastructure network that is resilient to today's natural hazards and prepared for the future changing climate.
Infrastructure is largely private sector funded so this paper sets out how Government can assist others.
The document contains nine sections:
(i) Highlights how the UK's climate might change and the risks this presents.
(ii) Sets out the infrastructure sectors examined by the study.
(iii) Focuses on the need to adapt infrastructure to climate change impacts within the context of wider Government activity on infrastructure.
(iv) Identifies the potential opportunities to take early action and develop expertise in adapting infrastructure.
(v) Sets out the Government's vision.
(vi) Highlights how successful adaptation can improve the long-term resilience of infrastructure.
(vii) Presents the main challenges and barriers preventing action.
(viii) Covers the increasing risk from climate change to infrastructure interdependencies.
(ix) Describes the headline challenges, the opportunities for others to act and how Government can assist.
|Format||Paperback||Published||09 May 2011|
|Availability||Colour copy: 3 - 5 days||Delivery||Delivery options and charges|
Find similar publications here:
- Construction, Engineering & Planning
- Business & Finance > Information, Media & Communication
- Transport > Aviation
- Transport > Inland Waterways, Docks & Harbours
- Transport > Railways
- Transport > Road Transport
- Environment > Energy & Resources
- Environment > Environmental Engineering & Management
- Parliamentary > Command Papers
- Science & Technology > Physics
- Environment > Climate Change
- Environment > Waste Management & Pollution
- Official > Command Papers