HC 1499, Thirteenth Report of Session 2010-12 -Volume I: Report, Together with Formal Minutes, Oral and Written Evidence
- House of Commons - Health Committee
- TSO (The Stationery Office)
'Public Expenditure (HC 1499)' is a report by the Health Committee on the progress within the health and care system toward meeting the implications of increasing demands to the health and social care budget. The National Health Service (NHS) funding challenge can only be met by rethinking and redesigning the way health services are delivered now, in order to deliver lasting long-term benefits.
The Committee's report of December 2010 (see below) already expressed concerns about the ability of the health service and local authorities to make the demanding efficiency gains required of them by the 2010 Spending Review, while maintaining quality of care.
Both the NHS and local authorities are struggling to meet current targets in a sustainable, long-term manner that will maintain high-quality, efficient care in the future.
The need to provide high-quality and efficient services that meet local needs within the funding available must be addressed as a matter of urgency.
|Format||Paperback||Published||24 Jan 2012|
|Availability||Colour copy: 3 - 5 days||Delivery||Delivery options and charges|
Find similar publications here:
- Medicine & Health
- Law > Family & Social Law
- Medicine & Health > General Issues
- Medicine & Health > Health Services & Systems
- Medicine & Health > Health Services & Systems > General Practice & Opticians
- Parliamentary > Command Papers
- Parliamentary > House of Commons Papers
- Parliamentary > Select Committees
- Social Sciences > Social Services
- Official > Command Papers
- Official > House of Commons Papers
- Parliamentary Committees > Commons Select Committees
- Parliamentary Committees > Commons Select Committees > Health Committee