Report on the Executive's Draft Programme for Government 2011-2015 and Draft Investment Strategy for Northern Ireland 2011-2021
Northern Ireland Assembly Report NIA 29/11-15, First Report of Session 2011-2012 - Report on the Outcome of Consideration by Statutory Committees Together with Proceedings 2011/15
- Northern Ireland Assembly Committee for the Office of the First Minister and Deputy First Minister
- TSO (The Stationery Office)
'Report on the Executive's Draft Programme for Government 2011-2015 and Draft Investment Strategy for Northern Ireland 2011-2021 (NIA 29/11-15)' identifies strategic priorities within the draft Programme for Government and highlights the interconnected and cross-cutting nature of the priorities.
The Committee would like to emphasise the importance of joined up Government and inter-departmental coordination, to ensure that commitments are delivered efficiently and effectively.
The report requests detail on the delivery of key commitments in areas such as:
poverty and social inclusion;
the integrated childcare strategy;
the "One Plan"; and
agricultural waste and energy.
The Committee also highlight the importance of producing detailed delivery plans for each of the commitments contained within the draft Plan for Government (PFG).
During evidence sessions, the Commissioners welcomed the focus upon equality and sustainability as the underpinning principles within the PFG and the commitment to continue to promote equality of opportunity.
This report discusses a number of issues raised in relation to gaps in the draft PFG in relation to the commitments that are the Department's responsibility.
|Format||Paperback||Published||02 Mar 2012|
|Availability||In Stock: 1 - 2 days||Delivery||Delivery options and charges|
Find similar publications here:
- Parliamentary > Northern Ireland
- TSO Northern Ireland > Finance & Economic Development
- TSO Northern Ireland > Northern Ireland Assembly
- Parliamentary > Northern Ireland > Committees
- TSO Northern Ireland > Northern Ireland Assembly > Committees
- Official > Northern Ireland
- Official > Northern Ireland > Committees