Liberating the NHS: Legislative Framework and Next Steps
- Department of Health (DH)
- TSO (The Stationery Office)
'Liberating the NHS: Legislative Framework and Next Steps (Cm. 7993)' sets out how the Government will legislate for and implement its reforms set out in the White Paper 'Equity and Excellence: Liberating the NHS (Cm.7881)', drawing on the insights and experience contributed by those who responded to the consultation.
It presents how the White Paper's reform programme will be taken forward to completion, answering questions and setting the framework for reform.
Following three months of consultation on its plans for the service, the Government's response sets out further policy development based on substantial feedback and reaffirms the strong commitment to the reforms. The response to the consultation demonstrated support for the principles set out in the White Paper.
The feedback has been carefully considered and the Government has decided on changes including:
commissioning of maternity services will now sit with GP consortia;
councils' formal scrutiny powers will be extended to cover all NHS-funded services; and
local authorities will have greater freedom in how these are exercised.
The Health and Social Care Bill will be presented early in the New Year.
|Format||Paperback||Published||15 Dec 2010|
|Availability||Colour copy: 3 - 5 days||Delivery||Delivery options and charges|
Find similar publications here:
- Medicine & Health
- Medicine & Health > General Issues
- Medicine & Health > Health Services & Systems
- Medicine & Health > Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Medicine & Health > Health Services & Systems > General Practice & Opticians
- Medicine & Health > Health Services & Systems > Hospitals
- Parliamentary > Command Papers
- Parliamentary > Command Papers > Green & White Papers
- Official > Command Papers