Open Data White Paper: Unleashing the Potential
- Cabinet Office
- TSO (The Stationery Office)
'Open Data White Paper: Unleashing the Potential (Cm. 8353)' sets out clearly how the UK will continue to unlock and seize the benefits of data sharing in a responsible way.
The benefits of open data should be approached by:
ensuring equality in access to data;
building greater trust in public data; and
ensuring that public services are more personalised and efficient by being smarter with the data public bodies hold.
The UK is currently co-chairing the Open Government Partnership of 55 governments whose theme is 'Transparency drives prosperity', with the belief that opening up data will empower citizens, foster innovation and reform public services.
Open data is also about participation and the need for businesses and organisations to become more transparent by pushing data into the public domain; individuals can then make use of this to make better informed decisions and potentially push for different types of services.
|Format||Paperback||Published||28 Jun 2012|
|Availability||Colour copy: 3 - 5 days||Delivery||Delivery options and charges|
Find similar publications here:
- Information Technology
- Environment > Agriculture
- Environment > Conservation & Wildlife
- Parliamentary > Command Papers
- Parliamentary > Public Bodies & Nationalised Industries
- Social Sciences > Social Research & Statistics > Census Data
- Parliamentary > Command Papers > Green & White Papers
- Official > Command Papers
- Official > Public Bodies & Nationalised Industries