Report on the Committee's Inquiry into the Criminal Justice Services Available to Victims and Witnesses of Crime in Northern Ireland Volume Two
NIA 31/11-15, Second Report - Together with Minutes of Proceedings and Minutes of Evidence
- Northern Ireland Assembly: Committee for Justice
- TSO (The Stationery Office)
'Report on the Committees Inquiry into the Criminal Justice Services Available to Victims and Witnesses of Crime in Northern Ireland Volume Two (NIA 31/11-15)' concludes that much more needs to be done to redress the balance in the criminal justice system, in the treatment of victims and witnesses of crime.
Key recommendations contained in the report include:
the establishment of a Victim and Witness Charter providing statutory entitlements;
mandatory training for all staff who interact with victims and witnesses;
the introduction of Witness Care Units as the single point of contact for as much of the process as possible; and
the introduction of a minimum waiting time for witnesses and a statutory case management system to help ensure cases are dealt with as swiftly as possible.
Other recommendations cover the need for better communications and accountability mechanisms to measure the services provided to victims and witnesses, and proposed improvements to the physical environment within courthouses.
|Format||Paperback||Published||04 Jul 2012|
|Availability||In Stock: 1 - 2 days||Delivery||Delivery options and charges|
Find similar publications here:
- Parliamentary > Northern Ireland
- TSO Ireland > Courts & Law (Northern Ireland)
- TSO Ireland > Northern Ireland Assembly
- Parliamentary > Northern Ireland > Committees
- TSO Ireland > Northern Ireland Assembly > Committees
- Official > Northern Ireland
- Official > Northern Ireland > Committees